Up to £26,000
A thriving online retailer, boasting a diverse range of consumer brands from homeware to beauty, is looking for its next Bookkeeper. This pivotal role will work alongside the Financial Controller, and offer the successful Finance Assistant the opportunity to grow in their role.
With a proven track record, record turnover and double-digit multimillion turnover coming from online platforms. The recently renovated office near Queen Street Station underscores their dedication to cultivating a positive work environment, providing the perfect backdrop for individuals to thrive, assume ownership of their roles, and secure straightforward progression in both responsibilities and compensation.
As an organization deeply rooted in values of innovation and growth, the company takes pride in crafting a workplace that caters to individual preferences. Whether it's supporting personal development, providing mentorship opportunities, or ensuring the office is well-equipped, the focus is on fostering an environment where every team member can flourish.
- Maintain daily invoice updates in Sage 50 Cloud Pro for accurate financial records.
- Handle accounts payable responsibilities, ensuring precise and compliant financial transactions.
- Reconcile accounting information with bank statements, ensuring data accuracy.
- Raise invoices and statements promptly, contributing to an organized billing process.
- Cultivate positive relationships with suppliers and customers for effective collaboration.
- Establish and manage a streamlined filing system for efficient document retrieval.
- Manage shipping documents and update landing costs for accurate cost tracking.
- Assist with payment and invoice queries, providing valuable support to financial operations.
- Optionally support with Payroll functions, showcasing flexibility in financial tasks.
- Perform general administration tasks and filing duties, maintaining organizational efficiency.
- Undertake ad hoc tasks directed by the accountant, demonstrating adaptability and proactiveness.
- Proficient in Sage 50 Cloud and Excel, demonstrating solid software skills for effective financial management.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role, showcasing a proven track record of competence and reliability.
- Experience in a wholesale or logistical background is a valuable bonus, contributing to a comprehensive understanding of specific industry dynamics.
- Familiarity with Warehouse Management System (WMS) is desirable, showcasing adaptability to varying technological environments.
- Proficient in using Dropbox, demonstrating comfort with diverse digital platforms for file management.
- Exhibit reliability and trustworthiness, essential traits for handling sensitive financial responsibilities.
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail, ensuring accuracy in financial records and transactions.
- Excellent communication skills, enabling effective collaboration and seamless information exchange.
- Approach tasks with a proactive mindset, showcasing initiative and a forward-thinking approach to responsibilities.
This role offers you the chance to be part of a growing business that is growing internationally, allowing you to progress swiftly in your career with a business that values and invests in its individuals.
- Salary up to £26,000
- 28 Days annual leave + 3 days public holidays
- Personal Development Budget
- Coaching, development and mentoring programmes
- Regular company social events
- Discounts on several brands
- City centre location is a brand new custom fit office
Our client values diversity at all levels within their organization. They are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive regardless of race, gender identity or expression sexual orientation religion national origin disability age or any other protected status.
How to apply: please apply below.
Please note: All applicants must be based within a commutable distance of their Glasgow City Centre office and have the permanent right to work, no sponsorship is offered.