Senior Java Developer
Glasgow- East Kilbride – Hybrid Working (3 days office)
Up to £70,000
In this fantastic opportunity, you will join a thriving business that has experienced remarkable growth in recent years, thanks to exceptional leadership at the helm. They are currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join their team in East Kilbride, where you'll have a crucial part in constructing, enhancing, and upkeeping their fundamental systems.
As a member of the engineering team, your involvement will extend to tackling fresh, complex issues with exceptional technical prowess. Your contributions will not only enhance our product to maintain its position as the market leader but will also actively contribute to reshaping the industry's future through innovative solutions.
You'll encounter a broad spectrum of technologies, as we are dedicated to creating an outstanding product and are open to incorporating anything that can elevate its excellence!
- Actively participate in every phase of software development including design, implementation, testing, review and documentation
- Write simple, performant and scalable code
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers and product owners to deliver the best solution for our users
- Train and mentor more junior members of the team
- Contribute to the optimisation of our software development life cycle and other internal engineering processes
- Computer Science (or related) degree
- Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of Java.
- Working experience and understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with microservice architecture.
- Experience in building high-performance back-end systems and APIs.
- Practical experience with Docker and the AWS stack.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to work together as part of a team.
- Being proactive and using intuition to spot, resolve and improve current standings and situations.
- The ability to work autonomously on your own with work you are proud of.
- Any experience bringing a consumer tech product to market and scaling would be beneficial but not essential.
What You'll Receive:
Salary from £65,000-£70,000 DOE.
A collaborative environment where your voice matters, progression in this role is great!
33 days holiday.
Our client values diversity at all levels within their organization. They are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive regardless of race, gender identity or expression sexual orientation religion national origin disability age or any other protected status.
How to apply: please apply below or get in touch directly with Sophie Norton on email@example.com
Please note: All applicants must be based in Scotland and have the permanent right to work, no sponsorship offered. A driver's license would also be required due to site visits etc.