Process Capability Engineer
A newly created role for a process capability engineer to join an exciting and growing manufacturing business in Ayrshire.
The Process Capability Engineer will provide a trained and experienced resource to measure, interpret data, problem solve and project manage operational and quality issue resolution. Focused primarily on improving the management of suppliers and the dry goods they supply, by establishing material testing regimes and establishing the key parameters of material / machine interfaces.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide support and guidance for the inspection of raw materials versus supplier specifications to find defects, therefore improving finished product quality and reducing operational downtime;
- Develop understanding of dry good interface with machine capability;
- Support NPD and engineering functions with new dry goods (bottle, closure and label) design and testing;
- Provide analytical support for quality or operational issues to highlight root cause and establish preventive actions in a timely manner;
- Lead independent root cause problem solving teams for Quality, Operational and Engineering functions
- Deputise for Quality Team Leader as required.
This is a fast paced role that will require you to collaborate with internal departments, problem solve and influence so your communication skills will be key!! The opportunities in this business are endless as they continue to grow, innovate and develop - you will be exposed to so many different business facets.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for someone who has experience in working in quality/technical/engineering role within an FMCG environment. Are organised, data driven and enjoy thinking on your feet!
In return you will be offered a good salary and benefits package and a great long term career development opportunity.