IT Support Administrator
Glasgow – Hybrid – Flexible Working
Must be comfortable travelling occasionally to different sites
Our client, a prominent global drinks business, is actively seeking a IT Support Administrator to join their dynamic team in Glasgow. With a distinguished portfolio of whisky brands, they operate across North America, Europe, Latin America, and Asia-Pacific. The company is a key player in the production, marketing, and distribution of alcoholic beverages under well-known brands.
This role involves delivering 1st, 2nd, and occasional 3rd line ICT support across various business functions and locations. The candidate will also offer ad-hoc ICT assistance to the team locally and globally as needed.
- Handle Level 1st, 2nd, and some 3rd support calls, reaching out to external resources when necessary
- Utilise IT Workflow System for efficient management of work items raised by business users.
- Respond to incidents within agreed SLAs, ensuring proper prioritization and categorization
- Document knowledge and resolutions for wider IT team access
- Manage hardware lifecycle from deployment to disposal securely
- Maintain records of software licenses and procedures
- Assist in diagnosing incidents and coordinating support teams.
- Conduct IT inductions for new users and provide coaching when needed.
- Ensure desktop software is patched appropriately.
- Manage end user mobile devices and raise Purchase Orders for necessary equipment
- Assist in internal/external audit requests
- Oversee cloud-based telephony platform and O365 applications
- Ensure compliance with licensing requirements
- Monitor and manage email items caught in the filter.
- Maintain Active Directory information
- Collaborate with the ICT team and provide cover when needed.
- Support local and global ICT teams, aligning applications with group strategy
- Provide remote and hands-on support for important meetings and events
- Build effective relationships with stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Support and manage projects as required
Professional Skills & Experience:
- Experience with IT incident management tools.
- Stakeholder management up to director level.
- Experience managing third-party solution providers.
- Ability to investigate and implement remedial actions.
- Experience building laptops and troubleshooting performance issues.
- Ability to prioritize workload based on business impact.
- Experience in a staff-facing IT support role required.
- Familiarity with IT Workflow systems such as Service Now.
Functional Skills / Attributes:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Up-to-date knowledge of ICT technologies.
- Familiarity with IT service management tools like SNOW.
- Understanding of industry trends and best practices (ITIL, ISO 27001, etc.).
- Experience with asset management tools like Lansweeper.
- Proficiency with remote assistance tools like TeamViewer.
Benefits: Our client offers competitive benefits packages that include:
- Highly competitive salary.
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Hybrid and flexible working.
- Early finish Friday.
- 25 days holiday + 9 public holidays per year.
- Company pension with 6% employer contribution taken via Salary Sacrifice.
- BUPA private medical cover.
- Health cash plan where employees can claim expenses back for health and wellbeing costs (dental, optical, physio, etc.).
- Life Assurance paid at 4 x salary.
- £20 welcome voucher to spend on products.
- Discounted products plus £100 annually to spend on products.
- Wellbeing Programme.
- Reward and Recognition Scheme.
Our client values diversity at all levels within their organization. They are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive regardless of race, gender identity or expression sexual orientation religion national origin disability age or any other protected status.
How to apply: please apply below or get in touch directly with Sophie Norton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: All applicants must be based in Scotland and have the permanent right to work, no sponsorship offered. A driver's license would also be required due to site visits et