Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Cloud Consultant to join one of the fastest growing and reputable technology company's in Glasgow.
You will be part of a team responsible for the ongoing support and development of our MultiCloud platform, as well as the delivery of new dedicated customer cloud environments such as Private Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service.
The role is customer-facing, and as a technical lead for delivery and support, you will be expected to work closely with customers, end users, and technical partners.
You will have previous experience in supporting and managing data centre solutions (networks, servers, storage, and applications). Service provider experience would be advantageous but not essential for the right candidate.
Core Technical Skills
Strong knowledge in the following areas:
- Server Hardware Support
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Hypervisors (VMWare required)
- Firewalls and VPN solutions (Preferably Cisco and Fortigate)
- Modern backup and DR toolsets
- Monitoring solutions
- Minimum networking skill level of CCNA or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Public Cloud providers (e.g.) GCP, AWS, Azure
- Translating designs into live solutions
- Taking end-to-end ownership of delivery of platform projects, engaging with other engineers and stakeholders when required
- Participating in the creation and updating of low-level designs, alongside architects and third-line engineers
- Understanding of data centre level and enterprise level storage
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills
Specialist Technical Skills
Knowledge in some of the following areas:
- SQL Server
- Linux Operating Systems
- Cisco ACI networking
- Enterprise and/or service provider networking
- Network virtualisation (such as VMWare DVS and NSX)
- VMWare SRM and DRS
- NetApp Storage
- Storage Area Networking
- Site-to-site VPNs and/or SD-WAN
- Site replication and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- DevOps and/or NetOps
33 days annual leave, 4 x Death in Service Benefit, Contributory Pension Scheme (5% Employer, 5% Employee)
Apply now for an immediate interview.