Apprenticeship Co-ordinator (Engineering)
My client is am award winning manufacturing company who are known for their investment in people, developing their future workforce and the apprenticeship programme has been at the forefront for the business for some time.
They are now seeking an apprenticeship co-ordinator to support the Company in the training and development of Apprentices in knowledge, skills and competence. To co-ordinate training and development actives for Engineering, Production and other Company Apprentices, where required.
Main Responsibilities include:
- To co-ordinate and manage, in conjunction with relevant Departmental Managers, the Company’s Technical Apprenticeship programmes and where appropriate, provide input required for other Apprenticeships.
- To liaise with the Human Resources Department on recruitment, training and development initiatives and to work within Group Apprenticeship guidelines.
- To co-ordinate and co-operate with external training providers, in conjunction with the Human Resources Department, to ensure that the Company receive timely information relating to Apprentices’ progress.
- To oversee technical on-the-job training and provide guidance and support where required and in particular for the machine shop.
- To progress the continued development of the machine shop, to act as a mentor for other employees and apprentices.
- To ensure that the apprenticeship programmes are organised and maintained to the required standard.
- To ensure that on-the-job training and related tasks are conducted in a safe working manner and any incidents, accident or hazards are duly reported.
- To maintain and administrative and orderly system for the apprenticeship programme.
- To carry out first stages of disciplinary procedure, in conjunction with the Human Resources Department, if required.
- To demonstrate professional competence and development by keep skills up to date and providing evidence of continued professional development.
- To implement and maintain the Company Safety and Quality Systems as detailed in the relevant manual.
- To communicate and co-operate, where required, with other group personnel in all plants.
This is a brilliant role and a chance to make a difference for our future workforce. This will be based in the machine shop area so it would be beneficial if you are time served in mechanical engineering and are a good relationship builder, communicator and able to build relationships internally and externally.
Get in touch to discuss this great role.