Gordon BrownResource Planning
Only 11 weeks to go! No, not until Christmas, but until the beginning of 2018. Will your business be ready and raring to go? Our Head of Technology Gordon Brown explains why now is the time to get planning.
While many businesses suffer the all-too-common end of year productivity slump, we say that this is actually the optimum time to be working on your commercial strategy for next year. It’s time to consider:
- What have you learned from 2017?
- What are your plans for growth in 2018?
- Who are they key players in your team?
- What skills gaps do you need to fill to grow your business?
Taking the time to assess your future plans now means you can kickstart your next recruitment campaign now and capitalise on an active market where many prospective candidates are already thinking about new roles in 2018 – and we can be there to help.
Think that you don’t have time to recruit before the new year?
That’s where we come in! If you want to grow your team for 2018 across any sector, our experts at Nine Twenty can offer a talent acquisition programme tailored to your business.
Even if the coming months are the busiest of your business year, we can completely outsource the full service, leaving you to focus on running your business and dealing with the upcoming holidays and festive period.
I’ve probably got time to do my own recruitment before the year end – there’s still 11 weeks left!
We still reckon we can help you out – and here’s why:
- Writing your job description – an uninspiring or sparse job descriptions can do more harm than good to a recruitment campaign. We’ll draw out the best parts of your business and key skillsets to ensure your job ad sells the role and your brand effectively for maximum candidate engagement.
- Shortage of niche skills – recruiting for niche roles or skill-shortage areas can be notoriously difficult and slow down the process drastically. We utiise our UK-wide talent networks and digital engagement skills to ensure we find the candidates you are looking for, and can even attract passive talent.
- Screening CVs, skills tests and Interviewing candidates – a heavy burden on resources, this process can easily be outsourced to us so we can sort through and select the finest applicants.
- Checking references – even if this is relatively speedy at your end, chasing up slow references and collating them can be a paperwork nightmare. Why not let us take charge?
- Candidate selection - having worked with you to whittle down the selection, we can offer expert advice based on our extensive sector experience.
- Negotiating and confirming a job offer – often the negotiation period can be slightly awkward, however using us as a middleman helps to maintain your new employee relationship.
- Notice periods – while these can often be a stickler when new candidates are joining your team, your flexibility as a business is a strong sign of a good employer, so we recommend starting your search early to allow for any delays caused by longer notice periods, particularly in senior roles.
- Reliance on in-house staff – staff who are already working to capacity or struggling to meet demands just don’t have the time and resources to commit to time-heavy recruitment. We can take that stress away, leaving your team with only the final decision-making processes to manage.
Want to get your recruitment strategy into action ready for the new year? Why not get in touch today at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0141 231 1260 and find out how we can partner with your business for success and have you raring to go in 2018.