Nine Twenty technology are seeking a Senior Software Engineer (Java) to join a global technology business in Glasgow. This market leading organisation help the world’s most iconic brands build enduring customer relationships by connecting work, data, and experiences across the
enterprise. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well established cloud platform development team to build challenging, high quality product features using the latest cloud technologies and techniques, which will serve our world-wide customer base.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will contribute to the design, development, and implementation of services on the Cloud Platform. The role utilizes proficiency and skills to work on projects. You will possesses experience with commonly used programming and design concepts, practices, and procedures and relies on pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the position under minimal supervision.
- Joining fee
- Training budget
- Pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Healthcare scheme
- Flexible working/fully remote working options
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Designs, implements and tests complex software application/services/systems
- Responsible for mid-level designs and contributes to high-level designs
- Leads and participates in design reviews
- Provides effective communication with local and geographically distributed team members
- Participates in the testing process through TDD, test review and analysis, test execution, and certification of software
- Provides peer advisement to other Senior Software, Software and Associate Software Engineers, through code/design reviews and peer-programming efforts
- Interacts with Product Owner to ensure that specifications are satisfied
- Communicates design, reliability and maintenance problems to appropriate internal resources
- Responsible for debugging, troubleshooting and developing technical solutions in the form of software patches related to software errors
- Creates workaround solutions when product procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources
- Escalates urgent issues to Engineering Management.
Essential technical experience:
- Cloud based development with Amazon Web Services or similar
- Core Spring Framework / Spring boot.
- Java and related stack
- Micro Services architecture
- Linux and/or Windows OS
- The Micro Services design pattern
- REST API & SOAP API patterns
- Linux and/or Windows
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply today or call Sophie on 07775 380 860.